Monday 5 January 2009

Mysteries and Frustrations

Monday does have a habit of sneaking up, doesn't it? Not only that but where did Christmas go? That was one extremely quick festive season. So I'm sitting here still slightly baffled as to where that mysterious 6GB appeared from on my laptop's C: drive. 6GB....that's no small amount to just appear. Mysticious...that's what it is!

It seems my idea on the tabard change for the WoW Guild failed by epic proportions. A combination of people saying they didn't like the idea and people running a guilt trip approach has ensured that blood drop design will remain, at least for now. In some (maybe slightly immature) response I washed my hands on my own Guild's tabard last night and outright refused to wear one. I have five others so a tabard shortage is not something I have. My Guild second-in-command, Roth, has agreed to follow my direction and removed his too. It's nice I am getting some support in this Guild. It's not all against me though, Nelli (the character of my good lady) has backed me, as have a few of the members, however the ones who have objected are too higher ranked to be ignored. Still....time will tell.

So, 2009 is supposed to be my year of change! I have set myself goals I want to reach and I'll tell you a bit about them. I don't really want to use the term "New year's resolutions" because no-one keeps those. Hell, they are usually broken inside the first few days of the year! My goals are to establish my own style somewhat. I've been growing my hair now so a year (next month) and it has some good length but because it was grown from being shaved the back is a bit longer than the rest. A mullet I hear you say? Well not quite - thankfully when my hair hits a certain length it curls and that's what the back has done so it looks quite in proportion. Regardless of that I want it a bit longer, then cut into a shape of some description and then continued to grow. It's gonna look good! My facial hair is something, those who know me will know, has come and gone in different shapes and variations more times than I care to remember. This year I aim to create a different shape instead of the usual line down my chin, or chin-strap style beard etc. I stood there on New Year's Eve ready to shave it in and was completely clueless so I need to be coming up with some creative ideas there! What else? Oh yes my weight and the vegetarianism. My weight has gone up a bit during 2008 mainly due to my body being too inactive. Being unemployed does that to you sadly. This year will change! I aim to bug every employment agency until they are sick of the sight of me and I am working - I aim to shed the excess body fat I gathered and I aim to be firmer on myself with the diet! My girlfriend and I have been living the vegetarian life for a couple of months now but I have been terrible, slipping all too often and eating meat. It should be said it was my lady's decision to go veggie and my decision to support her so I think that's where I have been going wrong and gobbling down the meat on occasion. Where she has the belief and the sadness of what happens to the animals, I don't but I aim to change that. It's hard....very hard but regardless of that I must try! I'll keep you all updated! I've lost 7KG with the veggie life so far so it's not all bad!

Right I'm out of verbal waffle for now. Until later, allonsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment